PUMA Titantour Ignite
Forget the polite clapping. This shoe calls for a roar. Thunderous applause. A blow horn. Like the pros who wear it on tour, it doesn’t make excuses, let obstacles get in its way, or follow the rules. The TITANTOUR IGNITE features PUMA’s finest running performance technologies. (That’s right: running.) It’s stacked with IGNITE Foam for maximum energy return underfoot and PWRCOOL so you can power through when the heat is on. Now, how about that horn?
Puma has launched on to the golf seen as the preferred brand of stylish golfers. With the help of Rickie Fowler and Lexi Thompson, Puma has really taken off in the golf world. If you are looking for shoes that are comfortable and look great, the PUMA Titantour Ignite’s are a great option. PUMA might not have the same name recognition as brands like Nike and Adidas, but there is plenty to like about the shoes. These golf shoes provide plenty of grip, are comfortable, stylish, and fairly cheap. Let’s explore them a little further.
- Premium full-grain leather upper for the ultimate performance, durability, and quality
- Waterproof guaranteed for two years
- Lace closure for a snug fit; packaged with multiple laces for customizable style
- Lightweight foam tongue for comfort
- PWRCOOL technology at lining, increasing ventilation to keep you at an optimum temperature
- Sleeker, refined last shape provides more comfort and a better fit
- Dual density PU sockliner provides durability and comfort
- IGNITE Foam at midsole provides high-rebound cushioning, energy return, and superior step-in comfort
- Ultra thin TPU PWRFRAME encases midsole for lightweight strength and durablity, plus increased flexibility
- External TPU heel support for improved stability
- Outsole features removable, low-profile Stealth Cleats for long-lasting abrasion resistance, plus multi-directional GripZone lugs for unrivaled traction and stability
- Anatomically positioned flex grooves at outsole provide support while allowing the foot to move naturally
- PUMA Formstrip at lateral side
- 18 Hole Logo at tongue; PUMA Cat Logo at heel
The Titantour Ignite is a very stylish golf shoe and will stand out at the golf course without too much flash or flare. Puma is known for pushing the boundaries of style in golf, and they’ve continued to do so with this shoe and the Hi-Top SE version (the shoes that Rickie wears). These golf shoes are sleek, streamlined shoes with the traditional PUMA stripe down the side. They’re available in a variety of colors and they usually come with a price tag slightly lower than some of the other best golf shoes on the market.
Whether you intend to walk the golf course on a regular basis or not, you need comfortable golf shoes. If you’re one of those players that prefers to walk, you definitely need a shoe that will stay comfortable for the entire round. The PUMA Titantour Ignite delivers on that need. The Ignite foam used in this golf shoe will keep your feet feeling fresh, but avoids that mushy feeling that can arise from a spongy pad at the bottom of a golf shoe that doesn’t provide enough stability. You could probably feel the rebounding a little more in the TitanTour as the IdCell went the full length of the shoe, whereas the Ignite foam is just under the heel and mid-foot. However, I would say that the overall comfort is better in the TitanTour Ignite as the shoe seems a little lighter and the PWRFrame is not as bulky as before. The big change for me though is the visual one, as Puma has made the TitanTour Ignite much sleeker than before to appeal to a wider audience. Traditionally Puma shoes have had a wider forefoot and a slightly pointy toe, which I have always liked. Now the Ignite sees that forefoot slimed down a little and the toe made a little rounder for a more traditional look that should have wider appeal.
Are these the best golf shoes for you?
Having the wires going around the back it tends to draw your heel back into the rear of the shoe more than traditional laces that focus the pressure on the top of the foot, so if you prefer the latter approach then the Disc option does not cost extra and makes taking the TitanTour Ignite Disc shoes on and off quick and easy. If you’re hesitant to purchase a pair of Pumas because they aren’t made by one of the other titans of industry, we urge you to reconsider. Pumas are among the best golf shoes on the planet and provide players with excellent comfort, feel, and style. To top it all off, PUMA Titantour Ignite are also on the cheaper side when compared the other best golf shoes available and, as such, are some of the best golf shoes for the money.
Looking for more golf shoe reviews? Please check out our best golf shoes page.